(m)orning:
favorite number 1: "A Melody, The Memory" - When you sing do you slip away? Back to that place in your mind? Let our love be the one thing you wont leave behind. Hold me and sway into the moment we share where we can stay so attached to the memory. How I long just to hold you And see you let go as we dance. Rewind and play. Time to go backwards again I'm moved by the way. All the notes in time make a sweet melody. Night into day. We have been captured again. A new time and place to make a million new memories
favorite number 2: "Boomerang" - I'm not supposed to miss you, cause you're not coming back. And I wish I never kissed you, so what do you think of that? What did I get myself into? But this moment's got me thinking I could reach you. And I'm waking up alone and echo the song sung yesterday and begging you to come back home. Cause you're my boomerang. My repititous twist of fate. Now I want to know the truth- do you even miss you?
favorite number 3: "The Fisherman Song (We All Need Love)" - and i got too much on my mind I think it's time to take a driveand leave it all behind. courage fill and crack the skywith purple silver and golden light join the day from night. he turns around to notice me and the two of us are patiently waiting for the suns rays. I just need some understanding and a little love and somehow I am thinking now I can get what I've been dreaming of...Oh, we need some understanding. We all need love...
(a)fternoon
favorite number 1: "Communication" - He said, “music is the cup for you I pour It’s all I really have, wish I could give you moreBut I have to catch my ride, son, I’m off to a distant shore” You see my dad gave me the keys but I’d have to show myself to the door. Communication is calling you it’s all in you. No hesitation, you’ve got to see this through. I needed something to fill me up In my bag a gift from dad, my music cup Well, I should have looked here first in an attempt to quench the thirstThe taste was like a melodyWith words to follow so expressivelyI was off to share my song and no, it wouldn’t be too long ‘til I was standing on the stage and the crowd would sing it back to me.favorite number 2: "The Fight Song (Crash And Burn)" -The minute you walk into the room It's like you're headed to the ring and you're ready to swing. You jump to your conclusions too soon how can you disagree before understanding me? I've avoided your confrontations too but here on the inside it's growing and growing and I've...Been waiting for our worlds to collide Not interest for the other side I'm wrong, you're wrong, I'm right.
favorite number 3: "The Cure" - I've grown so tired of running circles around myself in search of something new. Only when I stood still I could see you were there and you were waiting for me to fall in love with you. All that I've wanted is standing in front of me. All that I'll need that's for sure. You came to my bed when I was sick and you brought your cure. Once I was frail now I have been repaired in all the lovely things you do. You do them so well come my dear let me hold you and soak in the love that we've made 'cause it's right on queue.
(e)vening:

favorite number 1: "I Just Needed You To Know" - I remember I would drive 95 in the middle of the night just to see you and I would say 'for goodness sake could this car go faster.' I'd curse things in between that slowed me down. And you were cool as you could be but inside you were aching for me. Do you remember lying in the grass? We were there so long I swear I saw it grow. And that was when I knew our love would last Cause' we could wait it out - the winter and the snow.And I just needed you to know.
favorite number 2: "My Favorite Dream" - You are the cool wind that frees my bones and I'm so reckless when you call to me. I can still remember that cold (e)vening when we first met. You had your mark on me you know you did. And every note and word you sang to me have never made their way out of my head. When you're away they keep me hanging on.
favorite number 3: "Sleep Well" - With whispered songs of hope that come toward my ears and stick inside my head And hold at bay the fear, the droplets on the pane reverberate the same thing. Oh won't you sleep well, won't you sleep well tonight All that I believe and all I know that we can doIt begins again with day and it begins again with me and you.
Please go listen. It's amazing the release and the peace I feel after I've listened. :)
XOXO
kate
4 comments:
I love Mae. So much I named my child after them. Loved this post.
Their new stuff is beautiful. As is Miss Finley Mae :) Love ya girl!
oh i love mae. i didn't even know these albums existed.
thank you for sharing with me.
You're welcome for them sis! :)
Post a Comment